Castle Lacken our local castle which is located very close to Lacken Strand and Lacken Parish Church.
Wilson refers to Castle Lackan as" the fine seat" of Sir R. Palmer in 1786. It was occupied by James Cuff, Lord Tyrawley, early in the 19th century and later by his daughter and son-in-law, Jane and Charles Knox. It was held in fee by Colonel Charles Knox at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £50. It is now a ruin.http://landedestates.nuigalway.ie/LandedEstates/jsp/image-show.jsp?id=2932